Job Opening: Customer Service Manager
We are looking for a special person to join our small company made up of a dozen talented, friendly folks. Specifically, we are looking for a Customer Service Manager that can manage our wholesale accounts and direct customers across the country. These wholesale accounts are made of cool outdoor gear shops (like REI Seattle, MEC Vancouver, Moosejaw Michigan, Backcountry.com in Utah). You must be organized, detail oriented, and most importantly love the idea of working in the Outdoor Industry. We have a lot of fun working together in a collaborative environment, while maintaining a good work/life balance. Light travel is required with occasional trade show trips, as well as company sponsored outdoor adventures (including a planned one-week work-cation in Alaska for 4th of July).
This position works in tandem with our Sales Director and Operations Director. There are two sides within this position that you are responsible for, managing the wholesale customer service in relation to our retail accounts and general customer service support with our direct customers. We would love to find a good fit for this role who wants to grow professionally within this company and take on more responsibilities as the position progresses.
Just so that expectations are clear, we are not a tech start-up. We are a family-like small business that grows really well every year. We are made up of local people who grew up here and come from all over the world, and want a healthy business to provide for our staff. We also give back to the community by donating a lot of time and money to local non-profits. If you like the sound of this pace and environment, write a little bit about why you think you would be a perfect fit for Alite and shoot us a resume.
Send all resumes to: Sam Lai - email@example.com
Expected start date is late-May 2017.
Wholesale Customer Service Responsibilities:
- Act as a voice of Alite Designs to our wholesale customers.
- Support Sales Director in fulfilling sales orders
- Manage customer accounts efficiently and effectively.
- Clear and efficient communication with dealers and sales representatives
- Assistance with sample orders and content direction
- Work with the programs Quickbooks and Salesforce.
- Organize seasonal product orders and shipments with our fulfillment center.
- Manage 1-2 seasonal trade show appearances per year.
- Light travel to account locations for clinics and check-ins
- Must develop strong product knowledge of Alite Designs and Boreas Gear
- Act as a Sales Rep for regional house accounts
- Work in tandem with Regional Sales Representatives to open up new accounts and place purchase orders
- Generate sales reports and participate in sales department meetings
General Customer Service Responsibilities:
- Customer relationship management
- Email communication and support with direct customers
- Light office duties (related to shipping)
- Unspecified Tasks per business needs
- Assist with online sales operations
- Manage Warranty/Shipping Associate
- Salary range $40K-$50K depending on experience.
- Medical benefits.
- 2 weeks of paid vacation.
- 1 additional week of camp days vacation.
- 1 week of sick days.
- You must LOVE being outdoors! We take a lot of outdoor trips together, so you must be comfortable taking part in activities like skiing, backpacking, and camping.
- Possess an Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree.
- 1-3 years minimum experience with customer service (retail, hospitality, etc.).
- Some sales experience preferred.
- Must be detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task efficiently and be a quick learner.
- Must be flexible and open to new challenges.
- Extremely organized with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to travel for trade shows and store visits (Valid drivers license and good credit required).
- Knowledge of Quickbooks and Salesforce preferred